SIS COVID - 19 UPDATES
Following Monday's (March 16) shelter in place announcement by the Contra Costa Health Services (CCSH) office, which took effect at midnight on Tuesday, March 17, SIS extended its on-campus class dismissal through . Spring Break will begin Thursday, April 9th through April 19. At this time, we expect on-campus classes to resume on May 1st. We will keep you updated on any changes.
Our sincere thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the outbreak of the coronavirus known as COVID–19. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this challenging time. As the situation progresses, updates will be available here and will be shared via email as well. Should you have specific questions that are not noted below, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
• Student Attendance - Assuming students are well, the expectation is that they continue to work/study online. Please email your child's/children's homeroom teacher before on or before 9:00 am informing them of your child's presence or absence. Anything after 9:00 am, please call into the school’s attendance line at 925-837-2977.
• Campus Closed - During Online Learning, no one will be allowed on campus. During this time our Facilities Team will disinfect our campus.
• Distance Learning - Teachers are using Schoology as a mode to communicate with parents and students. TK–4 students will be using Schoology updates in each parent group for new lessons and messages and will be working at their own pace. Students in grades 4–5 will be using Schoology and Google Classroom for new lessons and messages and will be working at their own pace. Grade 5’s lessons and messages will mostly be in each of the student’s courses in Schoology. Students in grades 5–8 will be using Schoology, Google Classroom, Google Meets, and Google Hangouts. Students will be following their “Friday” schedule on a “live” basis. The “live” sessions are for students to meet with teachers at specific times to have questions answered. Lessons and messages will mostly be in each of the student’s courses in Schoology. Please refer to the SIS Distance Learning General Info document for specifics.
SIS COVID - 19 Electronic Communications
SIS COVID - 19 Resources
- Common Sense Media's tips on how to explain the news to our kids
- Tips on how best to discuss the Coronavirus with children
- Tips on parenting during the Coronavirus
- Tips on homeschooling Tweens and Teens during the Coronavirus